At Gemini Physical Therapy Spine & Sports Rehabilitation, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Gemini Physical Therapy Spine & Sports Rehabilitation include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff and patients to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled outside the New England Community Area (NECA) area (including ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, NY, NJ) in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled outside the NECA in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Gemini Physical Therapy Spine & Sports Rehabilitation, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wear face covering upon entering the facility and maintain wearing it the entire time during their stay when unable to maintain social distance
- Wash their hands immediately upon entering the facility
- Not to bring their own gloves inside the facility. Gloves will be provided for those who wish to wear them from our inventory
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled outside the New England Community Area in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled outside the NECA in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Gemini Physical Therapy Spine & Sports Rehabilitation, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Gemini Physical Therapy Spine & Sports Rehabilitation